Mayku is searching for an art director to lead content creation and visual design across all platforms.
Deadline for applications: Monday 2nd January
Salary: Based on experience
We want to democratise manufacturing by making the creation of products as simple as cooking. We’re building a family of simple machines that let you start a production line from your tabletop. Our first product, the FormBox, raised more than half a million dollars on Kickstarter. Our users are really excited to start making with it.
It’s Going To Be BIG
We’re not shy to say it, we want to start a movement. We’re building the world’s first desktop factory but most importantly inspiring people to make awesome stuff with it.
We’ll do this by creating beautifully simple videos that show you how to make anything from plant pots to chocolate bars. We want to highlight the beauty of the making process, and partner with incredible designers, artists and makers from across the world to create projects that push the boundaries of what our machines can do.
That's where you come in
We’re a content company, the key to that will be a great brand with incredible art direction and clear but surprising visual communication. We want you to be our art director and lead that effort. You should be able to see into the future of visual culture and anticipate what’s coming next, deftly folding it into the Mayku vision.
What you’ll be doing
1. Leading art direction
- Defining the visual style for all content
- Managing and art directing video and photography shoots
- Working with artists, makers and designers outside of Mayku to create awesome content with them
2. Defining the Mayku brand
- We’re currently overhauling our visual style. We’re looking into hiring an external agency to create a new set of brand guidelines. If you can start in Dec or Jan you would lead this effort and have the chance to completely make the Mayku brand your own.
- Going forwards you would own it and lead it’s evolution as we build new products, launch our online platform and grow as a company.
4. Leading the visual design for the Mayku site
- You’ll define the aesthetic for the Mayku site and collaborate with external web designers and developers to build it.
5. Working on your ideas
- We’re a young company, which means there’s a lot on and we all wear several hats. You’ll be able to muck in wherever you see fit, experiment with new ideas and start new projects.
- You have exceptional taste and are able to see into the future of visual culture and anticipate what’s coming next.
- You have a strong portfolio demonstrating creative flair and artistic vision.
- You're comfortable working across film, photography and graphic design.
- You're an extraordinarily clear visual communicator with an eye for detail.
- You're experimental in your process and thrive whilst trying out new ideas.
- Ideally you're a maker yourself and want to help change the way things are made forever.
- Creative carte blanche and the chance to define a brand and see it grow.
- Shape the type of company we build - this is just the beginning of a long journey.
- Create work that will be shared with millions.
- Hang out in Makerversity, Somerset House. A maker space full of designers, artists, entrepreneurs and interesting people, right in the centre of London.
- Get access to awesome fully equipped workshops to make anything you want. - 3D printers, laser cutters, hammers…
About the company
We want to change the way our things are made. We're building the world's first desktop factory.
Perks & Details